The first patch post TI9 brings about several nerfs to Alchemist, IO, Tiny amongst other heroes. The 7.22g update feels as a placeholder update until we get the Outlanders Update which will introduce two new heroes in Snapfire and Void Spirit.
The 7.22g update nerfs multiple heroes and also brings about a few changes to a few items. Most of these heroes had a high pick-rate at TI9 and were slightly overpowered in the previous meta.
Let’s dive straight into the changelog and see how certain updates can change the gameplay.
7.22g Update Changelog
- Basic Neutrals now give 5% less bounty
- Magic resistance reduced from 6% to 5%
- Armor reduced from 5 to 4
Hand of Midas
- Recipe cost increased from 1650 to 1750
Hand of Midas was a way for losing teams to make a comeback in the late game. With the increase in the price for the recipe, not only does this make the item costlier, but it also changes the timing for the return on the item’s investment.
This will affect heroes such as Alchemist, Medusa, Sniper who tend to play for the late game. It also pushes teams which want to go into the late game to move towards other farming items.
Medallion of Courage
- Armor reduced from 7 to 6
- Armor reduced from 6 to 5
- Stock replenish time increased from 70 seconds to 85
This might prove to be a slight buff to invisible heroes. While previous updates introduced a limit to the number of sentry wards one can buy, this update increases the replenish time for the item. Supports will have to judiciously use sentry wards to have the maximum impact in the game.
- Armor reduced from 12 to 10
- Recipe cost increased from 300 to 400
- Greevil’s Greed gold bonus per stack reduced from 4 to 3
- Chemical Rage no longer provides mana regeneration
- Level 15 Talent reduced from +50 Damage to +30
- Level 25 Talent reduced from -0.2 Chemical Rage Base Attack Time to -0.15
Alchemist was one of the most common picks during TI9 partly because of his ability to flash-farm. Even if Alchemist loses his lane, he can quickly catch up and soon move past his opponents in farm. Once Alchemist leaves the mid-lane, he can go to the jungle and farm very quickly, helped by the Greevil’s Greed and his near-infinite regeneration from Chemical Rage.
The new update reduces the mana regeneration for the hero and the Gold bounty. Coupled with the nerfs to Hand of Midas and the Neutral Creep bounty, Alchemist can never reach the same level of farm as during TI9.
Our recommended betting bookie:
- Primal Split Storm’s Wind Walk damage increased from 100/160/220 to 140/200/260
- The Spin Web Scepter upgrade reduced from +12 Charges to +10
- Spin Web Scepter upgrade reduced from +30% Movement Speed to +20%
- The Chaos Strike max crit increased from 160/195/230/265% to 160/200/240/280%
- Level 15 Talent increased from +12% Cooldown Reduction to +15%
- Holy Persuasion maximum creep level reduced from 4/5/6/6 to 3/4/5/6
- The Divine Favor heal amplification reduced from 8/12/16/20% to 6/10/14/18%
- Divine Favor active cooldown increased from 120/100/80/60 to 140/120/100/80
- Level 15 Talent increased from -30s Divine Favor Cooldown to -40s
- Intelligence increased from 17 + 1.3 to 18 + 1.5
- Base movement speed increased from 310 to 315
- Power Cogs knockback radius increased by 15
The movement speed increase for Clockwerk will be useful, especially in the early game when he can trap opponents in his cog. The movement speed bonus is very small, but is definitely a high-impact change for the offlane hero.
- The Static Storm maximum damage per second increased from 200/250/300 to 200/275/350
- Static Storm radius increased from 450 to 500
- Precision Aura increased from 20/40/60/80% to 22/44/66/88%
- Level 15 Talent increased from +40% Gust Blind to +50%
- The Astral Spirit cooldown increased from 17 to 23/21/19/17
- Astral Spirit buff is now dispellable
- Base damage reduced by 4
- Nature’s Attendants heal reduced from 10/11/12/13 to 7/9/11/13
- Impetus damage reduced from 16/22/28% to 14/20/26%
The changes to Enchantress definitely affect the way she can handle the offlane. In the TI9 meta, Enchantress was often able to solo lane versus three opponents at time, drawing enemy resources without much threat to herself. The hero’s healing and Untouchable abilities combined to provide all the defense that it would need against most opponent lineups.
The 7.22g update reduces her healing in the early phases of the game significantly. It is no longer easy to be alone in the lane, solely relying on Nature’s Attendants for survival. Additionally, Enchantress’ base damage is also reduced by 4 which takes away a significant chunk of her offensive abilities in the early game.
- Agility gain reduced from 3.2 to 3.0
- Chronosphere cooldown increased from 140/130/120 to 140
- Side Gunner scepter attack rate changed from every 1.1 to 1.2 seconds
- Level 10 Talent changed from Spirits Apply Slow to +90 Gold/Min
- The Level 15 Talent changed from +75 Spirits Hero Damage to Spirits Apply Slow
- Level 20 Talent changed from +150 Gold/Min to +75 Spirits Hero Damage
Ever since OG.Ana played IO as a carry, the hero has had multiple options open to it. OG picked IO in four different roles during TI9, often using it as a bait pick to confuse their opponents in the early phase.
IO’s talents have seen a shuffle with the hero still viable as a carry, but in the late game. Regardless, IO’s efficiency with the farming and his strength in the mid-game have received significant nerfs.
Keeper of the Light
- The Blinding Light cooldown reduced from 30/25/20/15 to 14
- Blinding Light cast range increased from 550/600/650/700 to 575/650/725/800
- Chakra Magic mana leak increased from 4/4.5/5/5.5% to 4.5/5/5.5/6%
- Level 25 Talent increased from +2 Will-O-Wisp Flicker to +3
Keeper of the Light was unplayed at TI9 further emphasizing the need for buffs to the hero. In fact, it was one of the three heroes unplayed ( the other two being Ursa and Clockwerk) at TI9. Blinding Light has received significant buffs with reduction in cooldown and increase in range. It will have a positive impact on the hero’s viability in the mid game.
- Level 15 Talent reduced from +12 Health Regen to +10
- Level 20 Talent reduced from +25 Strength to +20
- The Summon Wolves Scepter spawn amount increased from 2 to 3
- Summon Wolves Scepter gold bounty reduced from 20 to 15
- Shapeshift cooldown reduced from 130/105/80 to 110/95/80
- The Sacred Arrow base damage reduced from 80/160/240/320 to 40/120/200/280
- Sacred Arrow bonus damage increased from 140 to 180
- Moonlight Shadow manacost increased from 75 to 125
- Void no longer does half damage during daytime
- Base damage reduced by 4
Ogre Magi is one of the tankiest support heroes in the game. The reduction in Base damage makes him ineffective against opponent lanes. He can no longer harass the opponents with the same efficiency, and this makes his presence in the lane situational.
- Juxtapose illusions damage increased from 20% to 22%
- Jaunt is now disabled by Root
- Agility gain increased from 1.7 to 2.2
- Phase Shift is no longer disabled by Root
- Level 20 Talent increased from -8s Waning Rift Cooldown to -9s
- Level 20 Talent increased from +40% Illusory Orb Distance/Speed to +50%
- Soul Catcher damage reduced from 25/30/35/40% to 20/25/30/35%
- Level 15 Talent reduced from +30 Movement Speed to +25
- Base strength reduced by 2 (damage unchanged)
- Tree Volley damage reduced from 120% to 100%
- The Tree Volley manacost increased from 150 to 200
- Tree Volley cooldown increased from 12 to 15
Massive nerfs across the board for Tiny’s Tree volley which was responsible for turning some games around. Tiny can deal an immense amount of damage via the Tree Volley and we have seen on multiple occasions, the Tree Volley being the trump card for the hero.
Reduction in damage, increased mana cost as well as increased cooldown will contribute towards nerfing the Aghanim’s Scepter ability.
- Max unit count reduced from 8/10/12/14 to 8/9/10/11
- Soul Rip damage/heal per unit increased from 22/26/30/34 to 22/29/36/43
- Flesh Golem current health loss per second increased from 7% to 9%
- Earthshock damage increased from 50/100/150/200 to 75/125/175/225
- Plague Ward base attack time improved from 1.5 to 1.4
- Venomous Gale interval damage increased from 10/40/70/100 to 15/45/75/105
You can read the full patch notes here.